The Hartsbrook School

Family Association

The Family Association aims to be a fun, inclusive, organization that furthers The Hartsbrook School’s mission by helping to build community, supporting the faculty and staff, and facilitating frank and constructive communication among parents, faculty, staff, and the Board of Directors. Association meetings are open to all parents and guardians.

UPCOMING FA Meetings:  
  • Family Association Meeting
    December 12, 2017, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
  • Family Association Meeting
    January 10, 2018, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Family Association Initiaves

Parent Meditation
Please join us for parent meditation. Newcomers are welcome!
Wednesdays and Thursdays. 8:30-9am, South Modular. Contact: Jennifer Hall-Witt

Community Crafting
Weekly crafting gatherings Bring your own work or learn a new craft during our weekly craft gatherings. Check out Hartsbrook Community Crafting Blog for craft instructions and current schedules.
Thursdays, 8:45 – 10:45am, Handwork Room.

2017 Hot Chocolate Run
Hartsbrook will run as a team in this year’s Hot Chocolate Run.  If you are interested in participating in the Hot Chocolate Run . when registering, select “Join a fundraising team” and choose “Hartsbrook School”.

Single Parent Group
Single parents, share the unique challenges of single and co-parenthood, within our Waldorf community, in ways that are supportive and in a forward moving direction. This is an opportunity to build new friendships with like-minded folks.  Monthly meetings can have an intentional focus, or be open to what arises in the time we are together. I am open to any ideas! All are welcome!

Parent Meet-ups
Join fellow parents for some chit chat over food and drink. No particular agenda, just getting to know one another more. Drop in as you can.

From the Hartsbrook Blog — Family Association

State of the School Address
Hello, my name is Virginia McWilliam and I am the newly appointed Pedagogical Chair. I work alongside Fran Cameron who is the Administrative Chair. I am deeply grateful for her grace and incredible talents in the work of helping direct the school into the future. The horizon for many of the teachers at the school is somewhat defined by of…

Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity at Hartsbrook
A good IDEA.  The Hartsbrook School has embarked on an exciting new inclusion, equity, and diversity initiative.  Through a collaborative process between the Family Association, Faculty Conference, Board of Trustees, staff, alumni, and other community members, the school formed a one-year Ad-Hoc Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity Committee to conduct a rigorous analysis over the course of the 2017-2018 academic year…

Governance Changes ~ New Roles ~ Pedagogical Chair and Administrative Chair
Dear Parents and Members of the Hartsbrook Community, We are writing to let you know about important changes in the school’s leadership effective this September. Over the past two years, the school has been engaged in a process of strategic renewal, which resulted in the formation of the Governance Task Force mandated to examine the school’s existing structure and organizational…

More posts for Family Association…